Thinking of selling your business?
Get started today
Selling your business is one of the biggest decisions of your life and comes with all of the concerns of;
- How to maximize the value when I sell?
- How do I go about discretely selling?
- How am I going to market the business to find the right buyer?
- What are the steps to even sell my business
- How can I run and sell my business at the same time without losing focus?
Below are just some of the typical steps and issues you may need to tackle throughout the sales process.
Steps to Selling your business?
- Determine if you're going to use a broker, or try to sell the business on your own.
- Define your goals and potential exit strategies
- Determine a Range of Value
- Value Prior to the Sale.
- Gather Financial Information; Present Financials.
- Compile Due Diligence Information.
- Target Buyers.
- Qualify Potential Buyers.
- Negotiate the Deal.
- Indications of Interest, Letter of Intent and Transaction Documents
- Transition the Business
Need a partner to guide you through the process? Request an assessment today.
Issues to tackle throughout the sale process
- Unwillingness to Leverage Professionals
- Taking a Hands-Off Approach
- Quality of Buyers
- Pricing Problems
- All-Cash/Seller Financing Offers
- Breaching Confidentiality
- Failure to Address Transition Issues
It's not what you know, but what you don't know that often trips you up. Let us partner with you on the journey. Call (401) 252-0000 today to get started